- 1 History
- 2 Plot
- 3 Chapters and Volumes
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Reception
- 6 References
- 7 External Links
Before making SPY x FAMILY, Tatsuya Endo published three one-shots for Jump Square; “Rengoku no Ashe”, “Ishi ni Usubeni, Tetsu ni Hoshi” which was written about Medusa’s child, and “I SPY”. Tatsuya Endo's editor Shihei Lin noted that SPY x FAMILY takes on the strengths of these titles. Lin said that reception from the editorial department was so good that its serialization was practically decided before the actual meeting.
The initial draft was given a working title of "Spy Family" written in Japanese characters before they decided to put the name in English characters with a cross between the words, inspired by the manga series HUNTER x HUNTER.
On September 19. 2019, Viz Media announced that starting September 22, 2019, they would be officially be translating the series to English and release it in Viz's Shonen Jump. Viz Media announced the release of translated physical volumes for Summer 2020.
The master spy codenamed "Twilight" has spent his days on undercover missions, all for the dream of a better world. But one day, he receives a particularly difficult new order from command. For his mission, he must form a temporary family and start a new life?!
- Main article: Chapters and Volumes
Japanese Volume Covers
English Volume Covers
As of June 22, 2021, the series has sold over 11 million copies.
Awards and Nominations
Tsugi ni Kuru Manga Awards 2019 Web Category Winner
- The Spy x Family manga won the 2019 'Tsugi ni Kuru Manga' (Next-Generation Manga) Award for Web Category.
Kono Manga ga Sugoi! 2020 First Place Ranking for Male Readers
- The Spy x Family manga won first place on Takarajimasha's Kono Manga ga Sugoi! (This Manga Is Amazing!) 2020 ranking for male readers.
- The Making of a Jump Manga! Vol. 7: SPY x FAMILY
- 11 million copies announcement
- Tsugi ni Kuru Manga Awards 2019
- Kono Manga ga Sugoi! 2020 Rankings