Loid Forger (ロイド・フォージャー, Roido Fōjā?) is the main protagonist of the SPY x FAMILY series. He has discarded everything about his past to work for his country as an undercover spy who acts under the codename "Twilight" (〈
Loid is a man of unknown age with short, disheveled blond hair, blue eyes, and light skin. His hair is often slicked backed to varying degrees, depending on the occasion. He is quite tall and has an athletic build.
When at home, he wears a plain white t-shirt with long black pants. He is often seen wearing a light green three-piece suit with a red tie when outside. He wears a lapel pin on his left lapel, in the shape of a dagger with the symbol of WISE.
As a psychiatrist, he wears a lab coat over his shirt and tie.
As a spy, his personality is very cold and efficient for his job, doing whatever it takes to complete the mission, from dating his target's daughter to becoming a father. However, he is shown to have a kind personality as shown when he rescued Anya Forger, even risking his identity as a spy.
Loid's past as a powerless war orphan, feeling despair and isolation, has seemingly stuck with him into his adult years and becomes his motivation as a spy to create a world where children wouldn't have to cry. He sincerely empathizes with Yor Forger about sacrificing themselves for the sake of others and their beliefs, becoming the deciding factor for Yor's decision to marry him.
Twilight has discarded everything about his past in order to work for the country of Westalis in opposition to the country of Ostania. Hence, he has no real name. His newest and most important mission, Operation Strix, requires him to investigate a paranoid politician, Donovan Desmond, who only comes out in public for his son's elite school reunions. To infiltrate the school, Twilight has to marry and have a child in seven days, in time for the Eden Academy entrance exam. Twilight accepts this as the mission will maintain peace between the two countries and benefit the whole world if it succeeds. He then adopts Anya Forger and "marries" Yor Forger, while legally going by the name "Loid Forger" as a psychiatrist.
Not much is known about his life, not even his real name or age. It is shown that he was a war orphan when he was a child and then eventually became the spy known as Twilight.
According to his falsified background as "Loid Forger", his wife passed away two years ago and he has been raising Anya as a single father since then.
Twilight has been trained to be a spy for at least ten years amount of time. His style of fighting seems to be very much on the pragmatic side of combat, using everything in his environment to his advantage.
- Trained Combative: Twilight is an extremely well-trained spy able to dispatch a group of armed thugs by himself.
- Expert Marksman: Twilight is a very good marksman being able to shoot 3 men while fighting off 3 others with his hand.
- Intelligence: Twilight's greatest weapon is his intelligence and observation, given his line of work, by using flour to stop armed men from shooting and remembering various secret ciphers to decipher his next missions. He is also able to remember the individual names of over 200 penguins, simply by skimming over a list, and their dietary habits as well as remembering Yor from several potential wife candidates having even remembered enough to know her life's history, He also remembered everything of the Ostanian Intelligence manual word for word easily seeing through Yuri's cover story.
- Speed: He is fast enough to take down multiple people without much trouble, albeit using flour as a smokescreen.
- Senses: Twilight is extremely aware of his surroundings, being able to find Anya easily and was able to tell when he is being watched by the faculty members of a prestigious academy.
- Strength: Twilight has a good degree of strength being able to gracefully pull an obese child stuck in a gutter with just one arm over his head and land him on his feet.
- Endurance: He is durable enough to take a car crash and still being fine enough to go to a party, albeit with bleeding and confusing his mission with Yor's agreement.
- Disguise: Twilight is also known as a master of disguise, being able to seamlessly pass off as other people who have different body types and characteristics even down to their voices.
Loid Forger's wife who he married as part of Operation Strix. The two of them agree to get married as it benefits both of them in the long run. Loid, being a great spy, tries to keep his emotions out of his work so he tries not to get attached to her.
Loid Forger's daughter whom he adopted to attend Eden Academy. Although he initially views her as a nuisance and replaceable, he soon becomes protective of her when reminded of his goal as a spy. He is often disappointed by her performance at school and wishes she would spend more time studying and less time watching cartoons.
Fiona Frost, aka Nightfall, is an agent from WISE and was Twilight's former trainee. She is madly in love with Twilight and believes that she should be the perfect role as Mrs. Forger in place of Yor.
- His lapel pin is actually his organization's symbol.
- Twilight is very popular in his organization, having many other WISE agents be enamored to see Twilight in the flesh and to see him in action, even rushing to the castle upon hearing his name. Some agents even wanted his autograph.
- According to Loid's character page, he wears black underwear.
- Loid's name was originally translated as Lloyd.